Toenail reconstruction is the process of rebuilding/recreating a new nail over a previously damaged nail for cosmetic purposes. The new nail is created and secured in place over an unsightly, misshapen or missing nail. A specialist hybrid gel is used, shaped to match existing nails and hardened with UV light. The result is a nail that looks and feels just like a natural nail.
What are the benefits or toenail reconstruction?
- The reconstructed nail looks and feels like a natural nail
- Improves confidence and morale
- The new nail is flexible so can move naturally as the toe moves
- The gel contains no aggressive chemicals
- The natural nail will not be damaged or have its growth restricted.
- The new nail can have polished applied as a natural nail (avoid nail varnish removers that contain acetone)
Who should consider toenail reconstruction?
Anyone who is not happy with the look of their nail, but patients who suffer from the following is a guide:
- Fungal nails
- Thick and discoloured nails
- Cracked/Split nails
- Reduced nails following trauma
- Nails with an abnormal shape or growth
- Discoloured nails
- Psoriatic nails